READY TO BE SHIPPED IN 5 DAYS
Warning: Last items in stock!
• Extensive 4CD set documenting the final years of The Stooges. A companion set to 2020’s well-received ‘You Think You’re Bad, Man?’.
• Featuring studio sessions and rehearsal recordings made in London, New York, Detroit, L.A. and Michigan as the band prepared to record and tour their ‘Raw Power’ masterpiece.
• Includes seminal Stooges classics – ‘Search And Destroy’, ‘Raw Power’, ‘Gimme Danger’ – alongside countless lesser known tracks and material which was never recorded professionally.
• Sleevenotes from Iggy aficionado, the legendary Kris Needs and produced in association with MainMan.
• An intimate study of a band on the edge, captured as The Stooges began their final descent into rock ‘n roll immortality.
Following a two year hiatus, and by fair means or foul, The Stooges reunited in 1972 for their final assault on the heart of American rock ‘n roll. ‘Born In A Trailer’ compiles legendary recordings made by the band at London’s Olympic Studios and in assorted rehearsal spaces across the US as they wrote and rehearsed for the studio dates that would result in ‘Raw Power’, and their famously intense live shows of 1973 and 1974.
Filled with focussed recordings showcasing a band still determined to make it, and produced in conjunction with Tony Defries’ MainMan organisation, who famously steered the careers of Bowie, Iggy and Lou Reed during that period, ‘Born In A Trailer’ is a must-hear document of one of the great bands of the age accelerating into the final lap of a career which inspired a new generation of anti-establishment rock ‘n rollers in the years immediately following their demise.
TRACKS DISC ONE "OLYMPIC STUDIO, LONDON, 1972": 1. I GOT A RIGHT (NO GTR SOLO) 2. I GOT A RIGHT (TAKE 2 FALSE START) 3. I GOT A RIGHT 4. GIMME SOME SKIN (INSTRUMENTAL) 5. GIMME SOME SKIN 6. I GOT A RIGHT (INSTRUMENTAL) 7. I GOT A RIGHT (GTR SOLO) 8. I GOT A RIGHT (RETAKE 2 INSTRUMENTAL) 9. LOUIE LOUIE 10. I GOT A RIGHT (SLOW) 11. I GOT A RIGHT (FALSE STARTS) 12. I GOT A RIGHT (NO LESLIE, NO SOLO) 13. MONEY 14. I GOT A RIGHT (FALSE STARTS) 15. I GOT A RIGHT (DIFFERENT LYRICS) 16. I GOT A RIGHT (INCL. SOLO) 17. I GOT A RIGHT (DIFFERENT DRUMS) 18. I’M SICK OF YOU 19. TIGHT PANTS 20. SCENE OF THE CRIME
TRACKS DISC TWO "MICHIGAN REHEARSALS, 1973": 1. RAW POWER (TAKE 1) 2. RAW POWER (TAKE 2) 3. HEAD ON (TAKE 1) 4. HEAD ON (TAKE 2) 5. I NEED SOMEBODY/SWEET CHILD/I LIKE THE WAY YOU WALK 6. SEARCH AND DESTROY 7. CAN’T TURN YOU LOOSE 8. I NEED SOMEBODY (VERSION 2) 9. HEAD ON (VERSION 3) 10. GIMME DANGER
TRACKS DISC THREE "LOS ANGELES & DETROIT REHEARSALS, 1973": 1. RAW POWER 2. HEAD ON 3. WILD LOVE 4. TILL THE END OF THE NIGHT 5. COCK IN MY POCKET 6. GIMME DANGER 7. DEATH TRIP 8. SEARCH AND DESTROY 9. HOW IT HURTS (RUBBER LEGS) 10. JOHANNA 11. OPEN UP AND BLEED 12. BORN IN A TRAILER 13. JESUS LOVES THE STOOGES 14. UNTITLED (HEY BABY) 15. SHE CREATURES OF THE HOLLYWOOD HILLS
TRACKS DISC FOUR "NEW YORK AND DETROIT REHEARSALS, 1973": 1. RUBBER LEGS (VERSION 1) 2. COCK IN MY POCKET 3. HEAD ON CURVE 4. JOHANNA 5. OPEN UP AND BLEED 6. CRY FOR ME / PINPOINT EYES 7. RUBBER LEGS (VERSION 2) 8. WILD LOVE 9. I COME FROM NOWHERE 10. I’M SO GLAD 11. OLD KING LIVE FOREVER 12. LOOK SO SWEET 13. I’M A MAN 14. MELLOW DOWN EASY 15. MOVE ASS BABY 16. MY GIRL HATES MY HEROIN (AKA WILD LOVE)